“ACT Doula” Action Consciousness Transformation
Artist, Artivist, Actress, Director, and mother of three children; Luisa Perez Wolter was born in Costa Rica, but her family came from a lot of different places. For this reason she considers herself a citizen of the world.
Background: Luisa earned her postgraduate degree in Drama at the Universidad de Costa Rica, where she later worked as Faculty for over ten years. Luisa is also a Hatha Yoga Instructor with an emphasis on Vinyasa Yoga and Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga.
She has worked as a Doula in for two very different pioneering doula organizations in the United States (Swedish Doula Program and Open Arms). Over the course of working with 100’s of families through both these organisations she has gained a wealth of wisdom and experience as well as a thorough knowledge of the processes of two very different models doula programs – Hospital Based Doula Program and a community based model.
She is a founding member of Life Circle Birth
Her trainings and certifications include:
- Mentor for the birth process by “Birthing from Within,”
- Certified Bach Flower consultant,
- Certified teacher of “The Institute for the Study of Birth, Breath and Death”,
- Certified Acupressurist Birth Professional,
- PEPS (Program For Early Parent Support) guide
- Certified Death Doula – Elizabeth Kubler-Ross Foundation
- Abortion/Loss/Miscarriage Doula
Luisa has over twenty years cultivating her personal practice to be a better person for herself, her family and the planet. She believes that personal growth helps to develop the growth of her community. For Luisa, being a doula is more than just a profession – it is a way of relating to the world. Nowadays Luisa is preparing herself to become a death doula, so she can support more individuals and communities with an open heart as they close the circle.
- Prenatal coaching and birth counseling – in person Costa Rica,
- Virtual – world-wide in English and Spanish
- Labor plan creation
- Bach Flower Essences
- Mother blessing celebrations
- Placenta encapsulation
- Trauma informed support
- Processing and healing from traumatic birth
- Home birth support